Women in Sacred Dream History

on March 14, 2024

While most scriptural accounts were recorded by men within the historical setting of their time and cultures for an audience of other men, much can be learned about the true nature of  the historical-cultural mindset about gender in relation to the art of sacred dreaming, by evaluating what these sacred texts say about women as… Read More

Lori Joan Swick

Lori Joan Swick

Lori Swick is an author of historical novels about women whose contributions to religion and culture have been grossly disregarded. She also writes nonfiction books about sacred arts. Her published works include the historical fiction novel, Comfort and Mirth (TCU Press, 2009), and the nonfiction book, Dreaming ~ The Sacred Art (SkyLight Paths Publishing, 2014). She is also an award winning essayist and poet. Lori earned her Ph.D. in Religion and Philosophy with a concentration in Women's Spirituality from California Institute of Integral Studies. Her specializations are Women's Sacred Arts and Women in World Religions. She was awarded a Master's Degree with Distinction in Theology with an emphases on Feminist Theology and World Religions from the University of Notre Dame and graduated with valedictory honors from St. Edward's University, majoring in English Writing and Religious Studies. Lori currently lives in Southwest Florida. When she is not writing, she presents webinars in sacred arts topics, and works as an adjunct online university professor in religion and philosophy.

https://lorijoanswick.com/

Lori Joan Swick Contest

Lori Joan Swick is giving away a copy of COMFORT AND MIRTH to one winner.

Enter Here

A New Hands-Free Way to Enjoy Books!

on February 29, 2024

Do you multitask: drive, clean house, garden, knit, or crochet while listening to a book or podcast? If you do and haven’t heard about Audible Plus yet, you’re in for a treat! This new monthly subscription program from Amazon is a great bargain! Not only books and podcasts, but Amazon originals, too. I was introduced… Read More

Dani Haviland

Dani Haviland

I write books, publish multi-author box sets, grow roses and other plants popular here in Oregon, and am a hardworking volunteer. Oh, and spend as much time as I can with my grandchildren. So much for being retired... I first started writing because the idea of 'What would happen if I fell into a story like Outlander' wouldn't stop haunting me. The only way to quiet that noise was to write. Naked in the Winter Wind was the result. I found out later, I was not alone. Many of my author friends said the same thing: writing was the only way to quiet those noisy Muses! I kept writing The Fairies Saga series. A year or so later, I published my stories with Chill Out! Books. Soon thereafter, some of my friends and I got together. We created a collection of some of our older titles (backlist books) with the same theme, created a fun preface for the title (Unforgettable) and called it a box set by The Authors' Billboard. That series has nearly 30 titles now. When we put together new Christmas stories, we made USA Today Bestsellers' List with our effort: twice! Now six years later, I've published one hundred multi-author box sets with Chill Out! Books. The Fairies Saga series is still growing, I created three other series (sharing a few TFS characters), and wrote a bunch of single, stand-alone stories, too! My non-set titles are available to 'binge-listen to' on Audible Plus as audiobooks here. Yeah, those muses are noisy still.

https://danihaviland.com/

Dani Haviland Contest

Dani Haviland is giving away one single title ebook from her booklist.

Enter Here

The Wild Lavender Bookshop by Jodi Thomas

on February 28, 2024

THE WILD LAVENDER BOOKSHOP is my second book in the Someday Valley series, which is a spinoff of my Honey Creek series. I loved writing this book first of all because I love bookstores. When I wrote about the bookshop, it was fun to describe the people I see in bookstores and libraries everyday. And… Read More

Jodi Thomas

Jodi Thomas

A fifth-generation Texan, New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Jodi Thomas chooses to set the majority of her novels in her home state, where her grandmother was born in a covered wagon. A former teacher, Thomas traces the beginning of her storytelling career to the days when her twin sisters were young and impressionable.

With a degree in family studies, Thomas is a marriage and family counselor by education, a background that enables her to write about family dynamics. Honored in 2002 as a Distinguished Alumni by Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Thomas enjoys interacting with students on the West Texas A&M University campus, where she served as Writer in Residence.

Commenting on her contribution to the arts, Thomas said, "When I was teaching classes full-time, I thought I was making the world a better place. Now I think of a teacher or nurse or mother settling back and relaxing with one of my books. I want to take her away on an adventure that will entertain her. Maybe, in a small way, I'm still making the world a better place."

When not working on a novel, Thomas enjoys traveling with her husband, renovating a historic home they bought in Amarillo and checking up on their two grown sons.

https://www.jodithomas.com/

New Years Goals

on January 4, 2024

Happy New Year! I hope 2024 is off to a swinging start. Did you set any goals on January 1? Throughout my life I’ve had a shaky relationship with New Year’s Resolutions. I don’t love putting pressure on myself to make major changes in the dead of winter. On the other hand, setting goals and… Read More

Anna Grace

Anna Grace

Anna Grace justifies her espresso addiction by writing fun, modern romance novels in the early morning hours. Once the sun comes up you can find her teaching high school history, or outside with her adventure loving husband. Anna is a mediocre rock-climber, award-winning author, mom of two fun kids, and snack enthusiast. She lives rurally in Oregon, and travels to big cities whenever she gets the chance. Anna loves connecting with readers, you can find her on social media and at her website anna-grace-author.com

https://anna-grace-author.com/

Anna Grace Contest

Anna Grace is giving away copies of A RANCHER WORTH REMEMBERING and THE FIREFIGHTER'S RESCUE, the first two books in the Love, Oregon Series, along with a $10 Starbucks gift card, to one winner.

Enter Here

More books! 

on November 20, 2023

It’s November 2023. And I’m delighted that I have two books being published this month: my 60th and 61st traditionally published novels! One was officially published on November 7. It’s my second Alaska Untamed Mystery for Crooked Lane Books, Cry Wolf, under my first pseudonym, Lark O. Jensen. Yes, I took a pseudonym for this… Read More

Linda O. Johnston

Linda O. Johnston

Linda O. Johnston, a former lawyer who is now a full-time writer, currently writes for Harlequin Romantic Suspense. Her stories include the upcoming Shelter of Secrets miniseries and the K-9 Ranch Rescue miniseries, as well as stories for the HRS ongoing Colton series. She also writes mysteries, which have included the Barkery & Biscuits Mystery Series and Superstition Mysteries for Midnight Ink, and the Pet Rescue Mystery Series and Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mysteries for Berkley Prime Crime---with more to come. And nearly all her current stories involve dogs.

https://www.lindaojohnston.com

Linda O. Johnston Contest

Linda O. Johnston is giving away a copy of UNDERCOVER COWBOY DEFENDER to one winner. (winner's choice of print or Amazon eBook)

Enter Here

Creepy or Cute—What’s Your Halloween?

on November 14, 2023

My choice–Cute! So do you have a fond childhood memory of Halloween or fall in general you’d like to share? I know many people choose creepy. But I cherish happy memories of cheerful trick or treating as a child and with my children. And many people had similar memories. Here are just a few: Diane… Read More

Lyn Cote

Lyn Cote

USA Today best-selling author of over 40 romances, Lyn Cote writes award-winning contemporary and historical romance. Her brand is "Strong Women, Brave Stories." Her books feature a strong heroine, often a multi-cultural cast of characters and authentic history or contemporary life. She lives with her real life hero in a lakeside cottage in the northwoods with two fun cats. (She loves dogs too. :-)

https://BooksbyLynCote.com/SWBS

Lyn Cote Contest

Lyn Cote is giving away an ebook copy of NORTHERN INTRIGUE BOOKS 1-3 box set to one winner.  

Enter Here

Why I Set Ruthless Enforcer in Portland

on November 3, 2023

Where you do you get your ideas? That is one of the most common questions I’ve been asked over my long career as a published author. Usually, I say everywhere and it’s true. However, when it comes to my latest release, Ruthless Enforcer, I got the idea for the setting from someplace I know very… Read More

Lucy Monroe

Lucy Monroe

Award winning and prolific USA Today Best Selling author Lucy Monroe's books have hit national bestsellers lists in both the US and England. Her highly charged, sensual stories touch on the realities of life while giving the reader a fantasy story not easily forgotten. Whether it's a passionate Harlequin Presents, a sexy single title for Grand Central or a steamy historical or paranormal, Lucy's books transport her readers to a special place where the heart rules and love conquers all. Visit her website at www.lucymonroe.com and read about all her upcoming books. Or email her at http://www.lucymonroe.com/contact/. "Lucy Monroe captures the very heart of the genre." --- New York Times Best Selling Author Debbie Macomber "Lucy Monroe writes smart, sensual, emotional books for intelligent women." --- New York Times Best Selling Author JoAnn Ross "Thank you for writing those alpha heroes I love." --- New York Times Best Selling Author Lori Foster "A Lucy Monroe book is a treat not to be missed." --- New York Times Best Selling Author Lora Leigh "Lucy Monroe is one of my favorite indulgences." --- New York Times Best Selling Author Christine Feehan

https://www.lucymonroe.com

1 2 3 147